My First (Pseudo) Award – Honest Scrap Award
Written by Ithiel on Wednesday, March 25th.
Happy days all round as today I’ve been given my first award. Sure, it’s kinda a Pseudo Award, but it makes me feel special, complete with fuzzy feeling (or was that the rum?) so I’m going to relish in the glow for a while.
“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”
After my initial little dance for getting an award, I sat down and read the rules surrounding this event. Kerrilee from Lazy Bear Blogs who nominated me for this award had the rules neatly presented for me…
Rules are (as copied from Lazy Bear Blogs):
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
So… Brag. Yup, I can check that off the list. Whilst on the top of me (good topic, mind you), here are the ten honest things about myself:
- I’m a work-a-holic. I’m always doing something. Generally while also doing two other things as well.
- I’m a huge anime fan. The breif moments I’m not working, I’m generally watching Anime. Or Heroes/BattleStar Galactica.. But mostly anime.
- I hate facebook. Yup. There. I’ve said it. The whole Facebook/MySpace/Twitter/Digg/Stubleoverunderwhatever/etc can all just go eat worms. Drives me nuts. Seriously >.<
- Futurama is, was, and will always be the greatest show in the known universe.
- I turn 21 this year and Iwill be disapointed if I can remember anything within 72 hours of the event.
- Most music I listen to is Japanese. I got that anoyed with good music to stupid lyricks that I chose to listen to lyrics in a language I don’t know… Then I got addicted to it. lol.
- I ran out of things after number 3. I’m kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Um.. I’m an Auzzie! yeah.. that’ll do. lol.
- I hate peas. I’m not kidding either, they’re horrid. Can’t stomache them and I can detect even a single pea hidden in my meal to a degree of accuracy that scares many people.
- I’m colour blind. I also spell colour with a u – as should U(S)… har har, grammar pun.
- I don’t vote. That wouldn’t be anything if I was American, buta quick google search will reveal why that’s a little more significany in Kangaroo Land.
Righto.. Now to listing some blogs:
- Spirit Beast Within – Although not updated very often due to that whole ‘real life’ thing getting in the way, Nadva has been a regular poster here on WoW Fail Blog with his Wordless Wednesday series, and he’s also a pretty cool guy. I’ve just made him an official contributor (with a login and everything) WoWFailBlog so I’m hoping we’ll see him about some more
- I am A Paladin – Another (semi) regular contributor here onWoWFailBlog, and maybe even another contributor if he’s interested (I should probably email him and ask if he’s interested. lol). HP has a lot of detailed posts and updates regularly. I think the 70s style wallpaper in the background might need to be retired (although ours is admitadly not a great deal better), but all in all, a really good Pally Blog
- Ferocious Inspiration – This has got to be one of the coolest layouts I’ve seen for a blog in quite some time. It’s so cool that I can even overlook the fact that it was made on a Mac :p
- Lady-Jess – Many an alt, always a lady (well, unless a certain elusive new pet is involved). This is another well written, regularly updated blog that is well worth the read.
- Asleep At The WoW – In addition to having a name that always makes me giggle, Fimlys has just made his 500th Post which is really something to commend. I think we’ll be coming up on our 300th soon, so we’re not too far behind Fimlys also runs a cool little WoW Banner Exchange/Rotator thing which is kinda cool. I haven’t figured out how to join yet, but I will one day (I wonder if he ever got my email? >.<)
- Big Red Kitty – what list of cool gaming/wow related blogs would be complete without listing the only blog I know that even has action figures. Well, wooden toy cat thingies, but that’s still close enough. Mind you, none of the hunter specific stuff makes any sense to me as I’ve never been into the ’parenting for beginners’ thing of a hunter and his moody pet. In short: Good sense of humor, radio and tutorial/web-video/fraps-kinda-thing show, and a ton of laugh-your-arse-off posts – That’s BRK. Well worth the read
- Egotistical Priest – The level of writing on this blog is second to none, and I challenge you to try and get through this post without laughing your arse off. This twenty-mumble still-male-until-proven-otherwise (sorry, had to take a digg. the ‘about‘ page leaves me no other choice :p) computer programmer tells it like it is in a way that has you tearing up from laughing so damn hard. Definate must-read.
Update: “dagnabbit, I am TOO a girl!” – Vonya. Haha, I believe you :p
There are several other blogs that I would have loved to mention, but there just isn’t the room to list them all, so I’ll just leave the list at that. Now it’s time to start with the harrasing comments ^.^ (hey, rules’ are rules’)
Righto. That actually took a lot more effort than I thought it would – kinda killed my happy dance a bit. lol. anyway, be sure to check out these blogs, and feel free to make as many subtle suggestions as you see fit that they continue the process of this ‘auspicious award’. ~Insert Evil Laugh Here~
~Ithiel.Liked the lol? Buy me a drink :-) Tags: award, honest scrap, News, Non WoW